5/08/2012

TORTILLA SOUP


This recipe takes me back to my childhood.
My grandmother made ​​us this soup on rainy afternoons, or when there was a lot of tortillas at home.
I'm not sure who invented the soup, I only know that for many years was consumed in my house and we all loved it.
I was surprised when one day my husband told me that he also made ​​him this soup as a child and is one of their favorites.
What I do now is to make it on occasion for my family, trying to follow the tradition that started many years ago my grandmother.
I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as we do.

INGREDIENTS

4 cups of milk
12 corn tortillas
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

In a saucepan, heat milk and crumble the tortillas, add salt and stir.
Wait until the milk begins to boil and apart from the fire.
You will notice that it will thicken as they cool.

Serve immediately.

Preparation time 10 minutes.

Makes 4 servings.

Versión en español CLICK AQUI

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear all the suggestions, recommendations and more from you. Let me know what is in your mind, thanks. :D